Macedonia2025 is a non-profit, non-political organization dedicated to building strong partnerships and linkages worldwide, and working together towards building a stronger nation. We represent a platform for all Macedonians around the globe to unite and join our efforts in supporting the economic and democratic growth of Macedonia.
Ohrid Hi-Tech Excellence Camp provides an opportunity for youths of Macedonian origin to further their knowledge in coding and robotics. Furthermore, participants will have the opportunity to get in touch with their roots and network with Macedonians from all over the world, in an inspiring environment by the Ohrid Lake.
Macedonia2025 announces an Open Call for Scholarships for the third Ohrid Hi-Tech Excellence Camp, which will take place in Ohrid, North Macedonia, on July 19-25, 2023.
Ohrid High-Tech Excellence Camp combines traditional summer fun with an exclusive opportunity to develop and practice coding, STEM, and robotics skills with peers from all over the world. Based on the specially designed STEM curriculum of the Israeli license for STEM international programs presented in over 50 countries in the world “Young Engineers” through an official representative within the territory of the Republic of North Macedonia “Young Engineers Skopje Macedonia”, children will be introduced to an interdisciplinary approach of learning Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) with use of LEGO bricks. Furthermore, the participants will learn how to program and use the FABLE components. Participants will be challenged to innovative thinking, will need to identify a problem that people face and propose a solution through the creation of an innovative project and the presentation of the basic human skills that are necessary for the achievement of a common goal by a group of different people who need to show mutual respect and care. These aims will be achieved through the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) of the United Nations as challenges on which participants will work together and will learn to try and not give up, to be the next generation of leaders and innovators, tackling the world’s most difficult challenges.
This Camp is also an opportunity to establish friendships, strengthen and build on native Macedonian culture, explore local nature and our cultural heritage, and experience Macedonian cuisine and specialties.
– Improve high-tech skills (coding, programming and robotics);
– Promote greater enrollment of youth, and especially young women, from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics);
– Establish connections and networks among young Macedonians living in North Macedonia and young diaspora members, and support cross-cultural exchanges between them;
– Establish and strengthen the connection of young diaspora members with their homeland, developing their sense of giving back to our homeland/community; and
– Interact with some of the top leaders in the country, including the President of North Macedonia and top business leaders from the country.
This weeklong camp will consist of both theoretical and practical sessions that teach medium/advanced coding and robotics skills.
The training sessions will take place over the course of 5 working days (4 hours/per day). The rest of the day will be filled in with organized activities, such as cultural events, socialization, field trips to local sights, beaches, and sightseeing. Supervisors, lecturers, or volunteer chaperones, will accompany participants at all times.
Participants will be equipped with the following:
• Interdisciplinary skills in STEM basic and advanced STEM principles, coding, robotics, by internationally licensed Young Engineers / Robotics & Innovation Academy;
• Skills and abilities necessary for the 21st century, such as: Programming languages; Science and Engineering; Problem-, product-, project-based learning; Teamwork; Core leadership values; Outside the box thinking; Critical thinking; Creative thinking; Problem-solving;
• Becoming Generations of Global Citizens who realize their power to build a better future with the use of technology
The program delivery will focus on modern, highly effective teaching and learning methods. The program curriculum will be delivered by certificated STEM lecturers. Participants will work in groups or in pairs to complete a customized project. Participants will work with exclusively available know-how for innovative learning based on a strategic plan and educational system supported by the Harvard Graduate School of Education, iCarnegie at Carnegie Mellon University, and New York State Education Department, awarded by the British Ministry of Education.
Besides the core activities of the Camp, Macedonia2025 will enrich the Program with:
• A meet and greet with President Pendarovski, a discussion on Democracy and Leadership, and an accompanying visit to the presidential villa “Biljana” in Ohrid;
• Motivational discussions with members of the Macedonia2025 Board of Directors, with rich professional experiences and high competencies in computer science and engineering, passion for technology, and an entrepreneurial mind.
The Cultural Socialization and Networking will be comprised of the:
• Orientation and team-building activities
• Networking with youths from different countries, engaging in cross-cultural learning experiences, exchanging ideas, and building networks for future international cooperation
• Public speaking activities that will enrich communication and increase the presentation skills of participants, as well as their creative and critical thinking
• Improving foreign language competencies (English/Macedonian)
• Cultural activities and programs in partnership with the largest national music and arts festival, “Ohridsko Leto”.
Ohrid Hi-Tech Excellence Camp will take place on July 19-25, 2023 in Ohrid, North Macedonia. The venue (a 3+ star hotel facility) will be announced in due time.
Macedonia2025 continues to monitor and follow policy, procedures, and safety measures related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The safety and well-being of our community and participants are our top priority. We are collaborating with state, and local agencies to implement best practices aimed at managing the spread of Covid-19.
We remain optimistic that the camp and its activities will be realized. However, the situation with Covid-19, domestic Covid-19 safety restrictions, and international travel regulations are beyond our control.
The official language of instruction is English. However, we highly encourage the use of the Macedonian language in communication outside of the classroom.
• Students aged 11-15, who are interested in deepening their knowledge in the fields of coding and robotics
• Macedonian students and those of Macedonian origin from the diaspora
• Adequate knowledge of the English and Macedonian languages is appreciated
• Basic knowledge of Coding, Programming and Robotics
• Youths from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds will be given priority in the selection process.
Note: Gender and ethnic balance will be promoted.
The instructions and clarification for required documentation for scholarships for OHRID HI-TECH EXCELLENCE CAMP 2023 are available on the E-scholarship Platform (bottom left corner)
• Administrative pre-selection of the applications by Macedonia2025
• Selection of successful candidates by a Selection Committee
• The selection committee will have a personal interview with the protentional candidates
• Selected candidates from the diaspora will be notified by January 20th, 2023, while candidates coming from Macedonia will be selected by February 20th, 2023.
Gender, ethnicity, and participation from different countries will be taken into account when creating a diversified group of participants.
The scholarship fully covers all costs for the Camp.
The Camp scholarship is covering classes, camp set of materials, FB accommodation, excursions, and transport costs.
Note: The organizers reserve the right to provide partial scholarships, based on individual socio-economic background. The organizers will provide for the participant’s travel arrangements from Skopje to Ohrid.
• The President of the Republic of North Macedonia, Stevo Pendarovski – Official Patron of the Camp https://pretsedatel.mk/
• MASIT – The Macedonian Chamber of Commerce for Information and Communication Technologies https://masit.org.mk/en/, represented by their member companies: Brainster https://brainster.co/and ISourse http://isource.com.mk/
• Robotics & Innovation Academy https://robotics.mk/
• Ohridsko Leto – Cultural program partner http://ohridskoleto.com.mk/
Certificates for successful completion of the program will be awarded to all participants.
As our beneficiaries, you are invited to be involved in Macedonia2025’s programs and activities in the future.
After program completion, beneficiaries are required to complete a satisfaction survey and submit testimonials.
We look forward to receiving your applications!